The area surrounding the Mougás Campsite is the ideal place for relaxing, leisure, sports and cultural activities. Nearby places such as the town of Bayona will surprise you due to its history linked to the discovery of America, the remains of different civilizations, its old town, Monterreal Castle, now a National “Parador” hotel, its marina and, of course, its nightlife and tourist activities.
Also nearby is the lobster capital of La Guardia. A seafaring town with not-to-be-missed routes featuring its Celtic history on Monte de Santa Tecla.
Itineraries around magical places such as Pozas de Mougás, Muiños de Folón or the Monastery of Oia, the only one overlooking the sea, nearby beaches and the Albariño wineries in the Baixo Miño area or the route of the Way of St. James in its Portuguese section along the coast, make our destination an option that you cannot miss.
Activities in the area:
- Bikes and kayaks for rent. See conditions in the campsite reception.
- Free guided tours of Baiona’s old town; call the Tourist Office for information: (00 34) 986 385050.
- Visit to the Pinta Caravel Museum. Consult times. Tel: 986 68 70 67 and in the Tourist Office.
- Boat rental in Baiona. Several possibilities, with or without crew.
- Thalassotherapy circuits and pool in 4-star hotel only five minutes from the campsite.
- Paragliding in A Serra da Grova.
- Horse-riding in the mountains or along the beach. Call 986 68 74 74.
- Diving in the Ria of Vigo or the Cíes Isles.
- Excursions to the Cíes Isles during summer season.
- Trekking routes discovering archaeology, legends and stories. Every day from 10 am to 6 pm.